12.27.2004

wise men say...

only fools rush in....

random typical conversation:-

random friend : how've u been ? it's been so long since we've talked... anything new?
playtoy (me) : nothing much really. same old, same old... i'm "still" working on my single/album. i'm "still" single. i'm "still" broke and etc...
random friend : ok. i just wanna wish you all the best...
playtoy : thx...

today's random conversation:- (if i had one that is...)

random friend : how've u been ? it's been so long since we've talked... anything new?
playtoy : yeah! i quit smoking the other day. i had my last cigarette 4 days, 5 hours and 30 minutes ago.
random friend : really ? wow! how'dya do it?
playtoy : it was a christmas present for someone... also for me as well. oh and my single will be released on the 15th of january. during the hitz.fm birthday bash if everything goes well... just for radio airplay first...
random friend : not for sale ?
playtoy : no. not enough money to press singles for sale...
random friend : so who is this *wink* person you quit smoking for?
playtoy : my fav person at the current moment... she's been my fav person for quite a while now...
random friend : i knew it! it's for a girl... if it was a guy i'd be worried...
playtoy : i'd be worried too... thought i got over the whole gay bit...
random friend : you were gay?
playtoy : mmm... i was... ermm... happy! yeah gay as in happy! yeah...

*editors note - playtoy is not gay and never was, well the last time i checked anyway... *smile*

performed twice in orange over the past 2 weeks... once for their r&b night and the other was for hitz.fm club hitz ice rush x'mas party... was ok... just did the single... got good response for it...

ironically, the last time i really quit something was also during christmas, 2001, i quit drinking... that lasted 9 months... hope i can quit smoking for good... to my friends who have been supportive, thx..

tech : i give him 8 months... just expecting that random phone call... (the last time i quit drinking, i called him up and asked him if i can drink...)
richie : i give him 3 months! tops!

wow guys... thx for the vote of confidence... *lol* i love my friends...

andy : locs, rokok jom...
locs : i quit man...
andy : really? oh.. jom ah rokok!
locs : i mean like really! *lol*

one more for the road...

(as i was leaving rudy's place after the christmas party at his place the morning after...)
rudy : here you go dude(passes me a new box of dunhill reds)
locs : but dude, i quit smoking... (blur look on face)
rudy : really? i thought you were joking...
locs : hahhaha... yeah i'm for real...
rudy : you can have it anyway, just in case...
locs : it's ok dude... i'll be fine...

and i'm the perennial martyr/fool... am i to blame? later...

word of the day... (yes manshaan, i looked it up...)
testimonial
/testimoniel/

• noun
1 a formal statement testifying to someone’s character and qualifications.
2 a public tribute to someone and to their achievements

6 Comments:

Blogger ExecutorAzmin said...

Quit smoking? Cool. You're NOT gay???!!!!

I'm in tears... How could you??!!

Ha ha

9:53 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Azmin.. yes he's not gay.. he's a MAN.. man!

Cool Loco!! Fight the urge!! I am sure you'll make it!

Go Loco! You're the MAN!

2:17 pm  
Blogger Dazed and Confused Ili said...

good.

11:48 pm  
Blogger Lady Aurora said...

You have my support, dude!

I'll take note not to ask you to go 'rokok' with me... hehe. I don't think I'll be quitting yet, although I have cut down on my smoking a lot the last few months after I came back from my trip.

2:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im sure you can quit... :) Just keep yourself busy with other things, and think of the money yorue saving per month :) Work it out, a pack a day... X 30 days... :P

You should quit tho, even without the chic, quit for yourself, quit for your health... Its good for ya!

oh and by the way , I think your single is fantabulously awesome ;)

-from the person who thinks youre the cutest indian guy there is...-

4:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im sure you can quit... :) Just keep yourself busy with other things, and think of the money yorue saving per month :) Work it out, a pack a day... X 30 days... :P

You should quit tho, even without the chic, quit for yourself, quit for your health... Its good for ya!

oh and by the way , I think your single is fantabulously awesome ;)

Huggz n kisses...
-from the person who thinks youre the cutest indian guy there is...-

4:04 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home